Not All Essential Oils Are Created Equal! Investing in Young Living is a WISE Choice!
Sometimes Name Brand is BEST!!!
I mentioned once before that not all essential oils are created equal. I didn’t really elaborate on that point at the time but today I would like to cover it. It is really important to understand that if you are seeking truly therapeutic results that you invest in truly therapeutic essential oils. Like I said, not all essential oils are created equal!
I like to think that I am a savvy price shopper. In a family as large as ours, every penny counts! I don’t have to buy name-brand everything, my cabinet is stocked with plenty of Great Value products, however, I am a stickler that name brand is best for some products. My essential oil choice is one of them!
When I was introduced to therapeutic essential oils, I was introduced to them like they have therapeutic or medicinal properties and can work as such. Of course, as a mother, I was interested! What I found out was this was absolutely true! I continue to use them as my family’s first aid kit, and address a multitude of ailments that come our way (I also use them to clean and cook with). I found that therapeutic essential oils often times worked faster and more efficiently than other things I had tried and ever since I have stuck with them. 🙂
A Label Doesn’t Make A Product! BEWARE of Clever Marketing Schemes!
With that being said, it is important to understand that NOT all essential oils are therapeutic. Plants and their by-products such as their oils, have been used for centuries as either food, medicine or perfume. In today’s world, most of the essential oils produced today are used in the perfume industry. These oils are often mass produced quickly, under high heat, high pressure and by using chemical solvents. While they may smell nice, whatever therapeutic properties they once carried are now destroyed through the quick production process and lack of attention to detail.
Another problem in the essential oil industry today is that there is no governing board to set standards for labeling. What does this mean for you, the consumer? When you are looking at those essential oils at the health food mart or shopping around online, those claims of 100% Pure Essential Oils you are looking at could actually be only 25% essential oil and 75% vegetable oil. This is certainly not what you want to invest your hard earned money in and use on your family. Sadly, this is a very common practice in the essential oil industry. 🙁
Sometimes, myself included, we see the words Organic, 100% Pure, All Natural and we think, “Oh, well this must be good for you then!” Unfortunately, with essential oils this is a clever marketing ploy and does not determine oil quality. The price may be tempting, but often the price of what you are holding in your hands is a good indicator that you should walk away. True, unadulterated (meaning not messed with in anyway), 100% therapeutic essential oils can be very expensive. Sometimes it takes a whole room full of plant material to make just one bottle of essential oil and if that plant is scarce, that will drive the price of the oil up.
Why Young Living Essential Oils Are Different and Better?
Young Living has been in business for 20 years as of 2014. It’s founder D. Gary Young embarked on founding the company after he himself had sustained a traumatic injury and was not given a very good prognosis. After unpromising results with conventional medicine, he started researching alternatives and was introduced to essential oils.
Young Living has continued to thrive and grow throughout the years, even as competitors have entered the market. Why? Because Young Living Essential Oils work! Why do they work better than cheaper oils on the market? I believe it has to do with Young Living’s promise of purity from SEED TO SEAL.
- SEED – Potent essential oils come from plant species that have been authenticated by Young Living and industry experts through scientific research, field study, university partnerships, and on-site planting certification. Selecting seeds that produce the highest value is a vital first step in Young Living’s SEED TO SEAL process.
- CULTIVATE – Young Living’s knowledge of soil preparation, balance of sun and water, responsible weed and pest control, and wild craft harvesting ensure that stringent standards are met, both on their farms as well as with their carefully monitored partner farms. They continue to conduct research and remain dedicated to growing the highest quality aromatic plants.
- DISTILL – Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living’s low-pressure steam distillation process ensures that the beneficial plant compounds in each batch of essential oil remains uncompromised. This step is completed at just the right time to ensure all beneficial constituents are present to maximize the quality of the oil. Additionally, they use tree resin hydro-distillation for select oils and cold pressing techniques for most of their citrus essential oils.
- TEST – Young Living NEVER accepts diluted, cut, or adulterated essential oils. To guarantee consistent quality, their essential oils are tested in their own internal labs, as well as third-party facilities, to ensure that they meet demanding specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the optimal levels of natural bio-active molecules.
- SEAL – They complete their SEED TO SEAL process by carefully sealing and inspecting each bottle of essential oil at their 107,000 square foot state of the art, clean room facility and then shipping to members worldwide. Individual bottle labels are encoded with detailed tracking information that allows Young Living to trace each bottle of essential oil back to its source.
It is easy to see that Young Living invests a lot into their product and that they especially pay attention to all of the little details that go into making the purest, most therapeutic essential oils in the market.
I think the motivation behind a company will often drive the quality of their products. If a company is out only to make money, they would not nearly spend the amount of time or money to ensure that their product could help change millions of lives for the better. In Young Living’s case, its founder was on a quest to find an alternative treatment to promote healing, and when he did, he could not keep his research bottled up – pun intended! 🙂
Another testament to the quality and therapeutic nature of Young Living Essential Oils is the fact that the company continues to grow and thrive. In 2014, their active members and sales more than DOUBLED! This is not due to clever marketing. In fact, Young Living chooses to invest in their customers sharing their products, rather than expensive marketing campaigns. That’s why when you become a member with Young Living and share your experiences with others, you can earn bonuses, commissions and shares from the company.
You Get What You Pay For!
Young Living’s oil prices accurately reflect the quality that goes into them. No, they may not be the cheapest essential oil producer in the world, but I have already highlighted why cheaper oils can be inferior and why you should avoid them. Not to mention, when you do use essential oils, usually you are only using drops. Not the whole bottle, not half the bottle, not even a quarter of the bottle. Divide the cost of a bottle of oil by the number of drops in it and most instances it will come out to literally cents per drop! In a 15 ml bottle there are approximately 300 drops of essential oil. One bottle of oil could have 100’s of uses and could replace many chemical-laden products in your home.
Young Living’s customer service is top-notch! Anytime I have had to contact customer service, which thankfully has not been often, they were very helpful and kind and treated me like I mattered to them. They have always addressed my concerns to my over-satisfaction and for that I am extremely grateful. Young Living stands behind their products completely so if ever there was a problem or concern about anything, you can be sure Young Living will make it right.
If you are considering giving essential oils a try, I strongly encourage you to go with Young Living. Choose quality over quantity any day or you may find you’ll be hugely disappointed and lacking the results you had hoped for. Young Living has been a blessing for my family in more ways than one and I am sure they will do the same for you and your family!
If you’re interested in becoming a member of Young Living, receiving a 24% discount on ALL of your purchases, and having the option to not only bless your family with the BEST therapeutic essential oils on the market but also financially, you should read more about Young Living’s Wholesale Membership!