The Everyday Oils Collection and BONUS Oil Included in the Premium Starter Kit
I talk a lot about Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit on Mom’s An Oil It All because when it comes to getting your feet wet with essential oils, it’s the best way for you to get started…not to mention the exceptional value you will get for your money! In this post, I will highlight 25 Uses for the Oils in the Premium Starter Kit to give you an accurate picture of just some of the the things that you can use your Young Living essential oils for once your kit actually arrives on your doorstep.
Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit includes Young Living’s Everyday Oils Collection. This collection of carefully selected essential oils includes 5 essential oil singles such as lavender, peppermint, lemon, melaleuca alternifolia (AKA tea tree) and frankincense. Plus it also includes 5 essential oil blends: Joy, Thieves, PanAway, Stress Away, and Purification. There is also a BONUS oil Young Living throws into it’s Premium Starter Kit, Citrus Fresh.
The Everyday Oils Collection was created by Young Living so that anyone could immediately use and appreciate the benefits of 10 different therapeutic-grade essential oils. In the Premium Starter Kit you’ll get 11! Please be sure to read up on and follow these guidelines for safe use of Young Living essential oils here before starting.
25 Uses for the Oils in the Premium Starter Kit
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations. The French scientist René Gattefossé was among the first to discover these properties when he was severely burned in a laboratory explosion. Lavender may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods.
- Lavender can help to alleviate motion sickness. You can place a drop of lavender on the tip of the tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
- A drop or two on a cottonball can help to repel moths and insects. You can place these cottonballs in your closets to scent your linens and keep moths and insects away.
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency.* Jean Valnet MD studied peppermint’s supportive effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in improving taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental sharpness. Alan Hirsch MD studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sensation of fullness after meals. This powerful essential oil is often diluted before topical application. Peppermint may also be used to enhance the flavor of food and water.
- Dilute 1 drop of peppermint to 1 drop of carrier oil and apply it topically to soothe Poison Ivy or Poison Oak.
- To stop hiccups, apply a drop of peppermint essential oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra. (Up 3 notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck.)
Lemon (Citrus limon) has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Lemon consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and may be beneficial for the skin. Lemon may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil. In his book, The Practice of Aromatherapy, Valnet wrote that lemon is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system.
- Use 1-2 drops of lemon to remove sticky residue from chewing gum, oil, grease spots or crayons.
- Rub a drop of lemon essential oil on your hands after using a public restroom to disinfect and kill germs.
- Apply to callouses, bunions and warts 2 times a day until it has disappeared.
Melaleuca (alternifolia), also known as Tea Tree Oil , can be found in a wide spectrum of skin care and spa products that can comfort and beautify the appearance of skin. This is a very special oil with a ton of medicinal properties. OrganicFacts.net has a great post on this oil that you can find here if you would like to know more.
- Apply 1-2 drops of of Melaleuca alternifolia essential oil into hands and massage into hair and scalp before you shower to relieve dandruff. Shampoo and rinse hair as normal. You can also add 1-2 drops to 2 tablespoons of an unscented shampoo and use it to shampoo hair.
- For minor acne, you can apply a drop to aid in the reduction of inflammation, kill bacteria and increase the healing time.
Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, improving one’s spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress and despair. Frankincense is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. More recently, it has been used in European and American hospitals and is the subject of substantial research. Frankincense is also a valuable ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin. The ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks.
- Frankincense can help support breast health. Rub 2-3 drops of frankincense essential oil on breasts and lower abdomen every day.
- Ever worn a cute pair of heals one evening to be suffering with a painful blister the next day? Dilute 1 drop of frankincense with 1 drop of carrier oil and apply to the blist 3-5 times a day.
Joy™ is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting. It is a blend of the following essential oils: Bergamot (Citrus aurantium bergamia), Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), Lemon (Citrus limon), Coriander (Coriandrum sativum), Tangerine (Citrus reticulata), Jasmine (Jasminum officinale), Roman chamomile (Anthemis nobilis), Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), Rose (Rosa damascena)
- Apply a drop of Joy essential oil blend to the wrists, neck, heart or feet to help reduce irritability and nervous tension.
- A few drops of Joy can also be applied to the abdomen to help relieve menstrual cramping.
Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health. As a mom, this is one of my must haves and favorites. Every parent should have a bottle of Thieves in their cabinet. Thieves is an essential oil blend containing: Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Lemon (Citrus limon), Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata and Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis).
- Diffuse Thieves to kill mold wherever it is present.
- Cold sores. They’re painful and unsightly. Apply 1 drop of Thieves to a cold sore or fever blister 3-5 times a day until it is healed.
- Drop or rub 1 drop of Thieves on fungal skin and toenails 2-3 times a day until gone.
PanAway® was created by Gary Young following a severe injury to the ligaments in his leg. Containing wintergreen essential oil, which is often used for massage, PanAway is soothing to the skin while providing comforting warmth to muscles after exercise. This oil saved me much pain and suffering not too long ago after pulling a muscle in my back. I could not stand straight due to the amount of pain I was in. Thankfully, I had this on hand and applied it to the affected area. Within minutes I was able to stand properly and the next morning I awoke with no residual pain. This essential oil contains a blend of: Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), Clove (Syzygium aromaticum) and Peppermint (Mentha piperita).
- Mix PanAway with a carrier or massage oil and rub onto aching legs to help relieve growing pains.
- Help to ease pain associated with arthritis by rubbing 1-2 drops of PanAway onto arthritic hands.
Young Living’s Stress Away™ essential oil blend is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Stress Away also includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium. Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla, Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension.
- Apply a drop to the wrists, temples, neck or other desired areas of the body to help elevate your mood.
- Diffuse to help promote emotional balance and ease nervous tension within the home.
Purification® can be used directly on the skin to cleanse and soothe. When diffused, it helps to purify and cleanse the air from environmental impurities including cigarette smoke and other disagreeable odors. Purification contains the following essential oils: Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia) Lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida), and Myrtle (Myrtus communis).
- Place a drop of Purification on insect bites to ease the itching.
- Feel the onset of a sore throat? Rub a drop of Purification on the outside of the throat at it’s onset.
- Place 2 drops of Purification on 2 cotton balls and place in shoes to combat tennis shoe odors.
BONUS OIL: Citrus Fresh
Citrus Fresh™ is a relaxing, calming blend loved by children and adults alike. Rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene, it supports the immune system and overall health while bringing about a sense of well-being, creativity, and feelings of joy. It also works as an air purifier. Citrus Fresh is a blend containing: Orange (Citrus aurantium), tangerine (Citrus nobilis), mandarin (Citrus reticulata), grapefruit (Citrus paradisi), lemon (Citrus limon), and spearmint (Mentha spicata).
- One of the ingredients in Mom’s An Oil It All’s Calm and Focus Blend.
- Can be added to a glass of water to help stimulate the immune system.
Versatility in Every Bottle
Obviously the use of the oils included in the Premium Starter Kit are not limited to just these 25 uses. Hopefully now you can see just how versatile ALL of these Young Living essential oils are and get a clear idea of some of the ways you can use them to benefit yourself and your family. When it comes to essential oils, there really is a Young Living essential oil for almost everything imaginable! Don’t forget, when you are ready to become a member of Young Living, that I do throw in a FREE Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils (book or app format) plus additional resources EXCLUSIVE for Oil Moxie Team Members!
Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal use of Young Living Essential Oils. I am not a doctor. Statements, products, and techniques mentioned have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Read the full disclaimer here.